Leaders vs. bulk of the fleet

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Leaders vs. bulk of the fleet

Postby rdraftz » Sat May 19, 2007 11:17 am

It looks like the leaders are either out of the stream or slightlly headed. The wind map shows more NNW the further north you are but I can't really tell if the bulk of the fleet is able to track more easterly due to wind direction or current. Anyone have any thoughts?
rdraftz

Postby Peter S. » Sat May 19, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey Randy sup brotha?
I missed responding earlier it was more than likley wind. Looking like a slow one.
Peter S.

an observation

Postby ddomin » Sat May 19, 2007 7:06 pm

new to this forum. a golfing friend of mine has his boat in the mix. ageless (something). non-spin. he is a great guy and i hope he is having fun. wish i was with him. i like the plotting, but would like to know if one can see the current wind direction and velocity. would be fun to see that as it may explain some tactics and routes.
ddomin

wind info and current

Postby rdraftz » Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 am

Ageless Adventure is your friends boat name. Currently it looks like they are footing off to the south. They will be a bit underpowered if the breeze eases off. Wind and current info is available all you need to do isselect it on the page and it will overlay either the current info or wind info or both . You can also get an idea how they are doing based on thier handicapp if you take a look on the leader board.
rdraftz

Postby Peter S. » Sun May 20, 2007 10:44 am

looking at last nights tracks, they musta had some funky stuff happen.
Tracking Don Q, Rahma & Reason. There was some of the old two step forward one step back!
I thought Reasons reason was they finally let Pierre drive! :lol:
Peter S.

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007