Rahma Status

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Rahma Status

Postby jenashmac » Mon May 21, 2007 11:53 am

Anyone heard from crew aboard Rahma? George Reavis, skipper, is my brother--my mom and I are watching from Portland, OR, (without much sailing knowledge), and wondering how they're faring...
jenashmac

Postby KathieandBilly » Mon May 21, 2007 12:02 pm

i know george! (30something -- construction ??? ) had no clue he was sailing til i looked in on some other friends but it looks like on the charting they are third in class - 15th overall ... i just added him to my charting :)
KathieandBilly

Captain George

Postby jenashmac » Mon May 21, 2007 12:20 pm

Yes, he had the boat built fairly recently. My mom, kids and I are having a lot of fun tracking his progress, as are my uncle in Connecticut and my cousin in Rhode Island (who has a bet riding on his performance). We saw postings of rough water and sick crew over the weekend, and hoped that they had managed to avoid that.
jenashmac

Update for RHAMA

Postby WEED » Mon May 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I have spoken to George and crew several times. They are having a great time, but this wind is just not right for that boat. I helped sail the boat down from Maine last fall and we hit 18.5 knots so I know it can really fly in the right conditions. Yesterday they had so little wind they went backwards with the current. Jimmy Dye said they were right next to Teddy on Reason while they were both drifting back towards Charleston and then Reason cranked up the engine and started motoring to Bermuda...something about a flight to catch. When I spoke to George yesterday morning they caught two big Dolphin while we were on the phone. At least they are eating well. The weather report shows them getting a little more wind over the next 48 hours so hopefully they will pick up the pace.
WEED

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007