Naut-On-Call News?

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Naut-On-Call News?

Postby Liz » Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Has anyone heard news from Naut-On-Call? They seem to be traveling pretty slow. Does anyone know why? Also, what is the weather forecast for the next couple of days?
Liz

Postby T » Mon May 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Naut on Call apparently has been without much wind for most of Sunday and into this morning. The boat is not expected to do well in light wind conditions. Over the course of several position reports yesterday, they actually were drifting backwards. The wind to the north of Naut on Call was greater and thus the separation in the boats. They appear to be moving now.
T

Naut-On-Call

Postby Liz » Mon May 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks for your response.
Liz

Postby jeparham » Mon May 21, 2007 4:59 pm

The boat is not expected to do well in light wind conditions. Over the course of several position reports yesterday, they actually were drifting backwards.

Backwards? Is that a normal occurrence???

I certainly hope it isn't, because I work with a guy that's part of the crew on the Naut-On-Call, and I'm going to soooo much fun when he gets back. (All in good humor, of course.) :)

jeparham

Postby T » Mon May 21, 2007 5:21 pm

My son is aboard Naut on Call. When there is no wind, you are at the mercy of the prevailing current. Were the boats close to a shoreline and in shallow water, you'd anchor to prevent losing ground. You obviously cannot do that in the Atlantic.
T

Naut-On-Call News?

Postby Liz » Mon May 21, 2007 5:43 pm

T,

Have you been hearing from the crew? My brother is on Naut-on-Call and mentioned that someone was going to be hearing regularly from the crew. If it is you, give my love to David.
Liz

Postby jeparham » Mon May 21, 2007 5:52 pm

T wrote:My son is aboard Naut on Call. When there is no wind, you are at the mercy of the prevailing current. Were the boats close to a shoreline and in shallow water, you'd anchor to prevent losing ground. You obviously cannot do that in the Atlantic.

Would you mind telling me the first name of your son? (In an email my co-worker sent me telling me how to track their progress in the race, I noticed it was also CC'd to "Dad", which makes me wonder if we're talking about the same person.)

Or if you prefer to not "go first", the guy I work with is named Rob, which I am sure is short for something else, but I always call him Rob.
jeparham

Postby T » Mon May 21, 2007 10:18 pm

My son's name is Edward but I am not the skipper's father.
T

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007