Naut on call?

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Naut on call?

Postby guest » Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Anyone know why Naut on call retired?

Postby T » Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 pm

It was likely a function of the distance remaining to the finish, the progress being made towards the finish, the weather forecast, the distance to the coast, and probablly most importantly, the amount of diesel fuel still aboard.
T

Postby guest » Tue May 22, 2007 4:37 pm

I just talked with a mom of the Naut and she reports he tried to call her at noon but she was not home but by the looks of it they may be headed home. "they were discussing it" when he called this morning.

Naut-On-Call what happened?

Postby fmctravler » Tue May 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi All_ I am a sister of one of the crew on Naut-on-Call. What happened? I thought that some of their wind was picking up as they headed NE? Why did they still seem to be sitting in the water when the windspeed was increasing? Does any one know if there have been problems with the boat or the crew? If any one hears from them I would appreciate a post. :P
fmctravler

naut on call

Postby MB » Tue May 22, 2007 5:50 pm

My uncle is the skipper of Naut on Call. He called today and said that they were a bit discouraged because they had not had much wind over the last day and a half. Since they were in last and not even halfway yet to Bermuda they decided to turn around and return home. He tried to call again this afternoon but no one was home to take his call and he did not leave a message. He usually calls in the a.m. Once we have word again, I will let you know how they are.
MB

Postby fmctravler » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Thanks for the update
fmctravler

Postby guest » Thu May 24, 2007 4:31 pm

Just talked with the skipper and the Naut on Call is on land safe and sound.

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007