Rhama withdraws

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Rhama withdraws

Postby WEED » Wed May 23, 2007 7:24 pm

As of 3:45 pm Wed. Rhama has officially withdrawn from the race. When I spoke to them today they were in 12-15 seas taking it right on the nose with steady wind between 25 and 35 with many gusts over 40. They went ahead and started motoring ssailing towards Bermuda. In those kind of conditions I don't blame them at all. Other than being a little bummed about not finishing the race I think they are still having a good time.
WEED

Postby KathieandBilly » Wed May 23, 2007 7:35 pm

oh bummer we were really hoping they would do well -- glad that they are being smart and taking the safe route
KathieandBilly

Postby jenashmac » Wed May 23, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Weed, thanks for letting us know...we're just hoping they are (and stay) safe on the rest of the trip. Ask George to call his mom when he arrives, will you (preferaby before he hits the bar at the Yacht Club)...
jenashmac

Postby guest » Thu May 24, 2007 2:26 pm

I just talked to Frazier (~ 2:20 EST) and the crew is alive and well. They are headed into Bermuda now, and from the sound of it, the celebration aboard is well underway. I passed along the message to call their mamas!

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007