Return Trip

Beginning Friday, May 18, the C2B Race has been developed to give every sailing enthusiast, from the diehard racer to the family crewed adventurers, a chance to participate in a 777 nautical mile challenge of navigational skill and true bluewater sailing.

Return Trip

Postby guest » Wed May 23, 2007 11:06 pm

I've enjoyed watching the progress of all the boats and reading the discussion board....

Will the boats be tracked on their return trip? That would be great for those of who are enjoying this race from the land and having fun watching others have adventures.....

LCD

Postby Captain's wife » Thu May 24, 2007 2:39 am

I would love to know that they will be tracked for the return trip. I know that everyone isn't coming back immediately, but for those who are, it would be comforting and encouraging to see where they are.

What a great site!
Captain's wife

Postby cpurvis » Thu May 24, 2007 6:33 am

Hi, all. Each boat has the option of signing up to become a track-back cruiser. Some have already registered for this service, but I'm not sure which ones. I don know Lat Adj. III has, though, http://charthorizon.com/m/cz/map?vessels=Latitude_Adjustment_III&history=2007_-_latest.
cpurvis

tracking back home

Postby jim » Thu May 24, 2007 10:42 am

All you have to do is write Clark or Holly. sign up for cruiser tracking at $50 per month. write to info@iboattrack.com
Then we need to get message to skipper to not turn in the tracker in bermuda. Track the boat for the rest of the season or forever. :lol:
jim

Return Trip Coverage

Postby clark » Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 am

Hi-
If any of the skippers want to get tracked back, please email :
info@iboattrack.com
We will put you into our Cruising Service where you will get your own webpage. The cost is $50, and it lasts for a month. You can always extend your coverage for as long as you like at the same rate. The deposit information you provided for the race will be held on to until the end of our new rental agreement. Note that the deposit will not get charged unless you choose to keep the tracker or it gets damaged.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Great race, everyone! It continues to be a pleasure to provide this service to all our racers. We are particularly proud to have added this Charleston to Bermuda Race to our clients.

Cheers,
Clark
clark

tohidu tracking

Postby guest » Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 pm

I understand that Tohidu will be tracked on the way back to Charleston. They will leave Sunday or Monday weather and activities permitting.

LCD

Postby clark » Thu May 24, 2007 7:28 pm

The boats that are currently scheduled to keep their trackers are:
Tohidu
Latitude Adjustment III
Naut-on-Call
EmOcean

Clark

Have Danny (the guy collecting the trackers) email me if you want to join our Cruising Service for $50 a month - even if you only want it for the sail back to your home port. You only need to mail it back to us when you are done with it.
info@iboattrack.com
clark

When will the return tracking begin???????

Postby kmb » Mon May 28, 2007 2:35 pm

I know that Tohidu left Bermuda Monday morning 5/28 around 8am, but the tracking info has not been updated since 5/26. Any idea when the return to Charleston tracking will begin???? Thanks for any info!!!!!
kmb

Postby cpurvis » Mon May 28, 2007 3:22 pm

All the tracking home can be found here. It's a seperate thing from the races : http://charthorizon.com/m/cz/list .
cpurvis

Postby kmb » Mon May 28, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks for the letting me know where to track the return voyage. I thoroughly enjoyed tracking the C2B race, how exciting! Now, we can only hope for a safe return. Thanks :)
kmb

Return to Charleston to Bermuda 2007